Saturday 14 December 2013

Beastmen: Shaman and Command group

Decided to take a break from painting Gor to do the command group and shaman.

Command group was relatively straight forward. Did some green stuffing of the banner not a 100% happy with the blood effect but decided it was good enough for a first attempt rather than keep trying to get it right and making it worse.



For the Shaman I decided to add a touch of white as it will make the characters stand out a bit and also I wanted to practised painting white.

I am happy I managed to get it streak free and kept a bit of shading around the joints not so happy with just how many layers it took. I started black and stepped up through grey before painting white but I towards the light grey I was just using too many layers I think I tried to take too big a jump up.
Next time I will  try and do the grey in more gradual increments.


No comments: